Quick Tips On How To Make Cut Flowers Last Longer
How To Make Cut Flowers Last Longer Starts With The Flowers You Choose
Quick Tips For Choosing Fresher Flowers
- Avoid flowers that have been trimmed at the top.
- Look for flowers without a lot of unopened buds.
- Look for healthy, green leaves.
- Look for bright, spot-free stems.
- Look for firm, non-mushy stems.
How Much Flower Boosters Do You Need In A Vase?
It is extremely important to use the right amount of cut flower food when arranging flowers. Too little and your flowers won’t get the nutrients they need, too much and you run the risk of damaging the delicate petals and stems.
Most flower foods just have you throw a packet into any vase water, but that’s not an effective way to nourish your blooms. Just like you need to drink in the right amount of energy to give you the boost you need, your flowers also need the right amount of food to look their best and stay fresher for longer.
Using Flower Boosters
We recommend using 2 teaspoons of flower food per cup of vase water, or 2.5 tablespoons per quart. Follow these guidelines below:
Easy Steps to Keep Your Flowers Fresh
- Fill a clean vase so it covers the stem bottoms with about 2 inches of fresh water.
- Add Flower Boosters according to the measurement guide above.
- Cut 1/2 inch from each flower stem at a 45-degree angle.
- Place the flowers in a cool area, away from direct sunlight and drafts.
- Change the treated water every 2-3 days, using filtered (perferred) or tap water.
- Enjoy better-looking flowers for longer!
- Clean the vase when you replace the treated water.
- Re-trim the flower stems
Refer to this 15-second video for a quick demonstration of these steps.
Special Care Considerations For Roses, Tulips and daffodils
- Refer To the visual guide below for care tips
Have Questions On How To Make Cut Flowers Last Longer?
We're here to help!
email: [email protected]
Follow Our Blog
We cover all kinds of other specific issues on our blog. Want to know what kind of flowers are thirsty and likely to drink more water? We cover that.
Wondering what kind of flowers you should give as a graduation gift? We cover that too.
We try to post every day so we cover a lot of subjects. Want us to write about something? Send us your ideas at [email protected]
Share Your Experience
Did You Know That Only 2% Of Purchasers Actually Leave A Review
But 97% Of People Depend On Them For Advice?
Once you’ve used our product, please consider taking a minute to leave a review. Your feedback helps our small business grow and helps other customers make informed decisions.